Crown Point Cabinetry is the premier custom cabinet makers for period style kitchens, baths, offices, laundry rooms, home bars and more!. We are the only cabinet maker that sells direct to homeowners, architects, and custom builders across the country. We handcraft custom cabinetry every day, delivering the finest quality in Shaker, Arts & Crafts, Early American, Victorian and Transitional styles.
Meet the Sponsor: Brian Stowell
1)Do you have special approaches to work that you have developed of which you are especially proud?
In 1991 we began to implement the industry’s first Buy Direct Program, and in 1992 we converted to a team-based management style. Both of these approaches have served us well and contribute greatly to our continued success.
2)Tell us about your crew or staff? What are they like in terms of skills and capabilities?
I always say that I have the best crew in the world, and it’s true. They’re positive, hard working and because of our team-based structure, they know they have a say in how things work around here. They are craftsmen and women with very special talents and I consider every one of them part of our extended family.
3) What types of clients do you work with? Residential, Commercial, Institutional? Do you work mostly with owners or with architects and contractors?
We build custom cabinetry primarily for residential projects, working directly with architects, builders and homeowners-sometimes all three in a single project.
4) What values are important to your clients when working on historic preservation and traditionally inspired new construction?
Our clients love the look of period style cabinetry. They want to remain as true as possible to how the cabinetry would have looked in a particular period, while incorporating all the modern conveniences.
5) Do you hold any patents for products of which you are especially proud?
Almost 25 years ago, my dad, my brother and I conceived, designed, engineered and patented the Advantage Hinge. It is still the world’s only fully adjustable inset hinge system. Most recently, our greatest innovation has been our patented Channel Stock Face Frames that take inset cabinetry to the next level of customization. Also of note is our Neoclassical Line which features columns, pediments, elliptical valances and more to create new interpretations ranging from Italian Classic to American Federalism.
6) Are you involved with any nonprofits in the field such as Preservation Trades Network, APT, ICAA, the Preservation Education Institute, statewide or local groups?
We are members of both the ICAA and the New Hampshire Preservation Alliance.
7) What do you like about the Traditional Building Conference and webinars we produce and the magazines we publish?
The conferences, webinars and magazines are invaluable resources to “old-house enthusiasts”, professionals and otherwise, who understand the importance of using the highest quality materials and craftsmanship to preserve and honor our nation’s history.