Traditional Building Virtual Conference
June 7-11, 2021
The Traditional Building Conference team has built a virtual conference hall worthy of our typical historic venues. This is more than just a webinar. Through informative digital seminars and a library of expertly crafted learning materials, we’ve brought the community and resources of our in-person events right to your fingertips, available entirely at your convenience.
Seminars will include:
- The Wisdom of Traditional Building: Small Considerations, Big Impact
- Lowering the Carbon Footprint with Vacuum Insulated Glass
- Healthy Environments for Re-Occupancy
- Cabinetry and the Post-Pandemic Home
- Collaboration: Frank Lloyd Wright and the Architects of Steinway Hall
- Clay Tile Roofing: Durable, Renewable, and Disaster-Resistant
- Storm Windows: Mitigating Heat Loss and Sound Transmission
- Main Street Adaptations: Wellness, Resilience and In-fill
For even more traditional building education and AIA learning units, join our on-demand online seminars.
Once you register, the materials are yours to keep. Go through the courses at your own pace and consult them at any time. No matter where you are or what’s going on in the world, it’s our pleasure to deliver this important education on historic preservation, adaptive use, urban infill, classical design, sustainable restoration/maintenance, and traditional craft.
On-demand sessions require that architects pass an exam to confirm attendance. This exam will be provided during the exit survey and must be taken to earn continuing education credits for each educational course.
On-Demand Seminars Include:
- Lessons from Conserving the Colosseum
- The Impact of Materials and Methods on our Wellbeing
- The Materials and Methods of Clay Tile
- Biophilic Design with Windows and Doors
- Installing Storm Windows: Getting the Details Right
- Constructing Fine Kitchen Cabinetry: Design Ideas and Construction Details
- Wooden Window Repair Techniques
- Working History and its Application to Design, Materials and Interventions: Springfield Ranch, Tallgrass Prairies National Park
- Historic Mortar Replication & Pointing
- Vacuum Insulated Glass and the Rehabilitation of the Saarinen’s Milwaukee County War Memorial
"The Traditional Building Conference never fails to provide vital and timely material for the historic building architect."
-Andrew Jerome Cannata, AIA
“The variety of technical vs. artistic talent was great!… I really liked the new format, had better connections with the vendors and got to know fellow attendees and presenters”
“Excellent speakers, informative, engrossing topics for a room full of architects.”
“Engaging as well as ‘Big Picture’”
“One of the very best seminar topics I have ever experienced. A real treat and changed the way I think about design.”
"Easily the best FOOD I've ever had at a conference."
Earn AIA Learning Units at our seminars!
The Traditional Building Conference Series is a registered provider of AIA continuing education credits. Credits for NARI, AIBD, and some NAHB certifications are available.
Check out some of our previous locations: